About Me

My Photo
I am 42. I am married to the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful young adults who bring me joy everyday. Secretly, I'm counting the years till grandbabies start coming; they just need to find their forever loves first. We have lived in Florida for 3 years (transplanted from WI) and we finally love it. I graduated with my AA in Business Foundations from UoPhoenix in February 2014! Yay, me!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Yellow Blanket

I've been working on the Double Diamond baby afghan pattern by Bernat. I used worsted weight yarn and a size I hook to increase the size of my squares. 

This is for my nephew, Josey. He asked for a yellow afghan for Christmas, but I didn't have time to get one done. Instead, I sent him a car pillow and a promise that a yellow afghan would be following. My sister-in-law, who is good at making me feel guilty..LOL..let me know he's been waiting patiently for his afghan. Thankfully, I started this afghan before she said that, so I felt like I was slightly ahead of the game. 

Anyway, I actually "finished" it, but then I measured it. It was only 42" x 42" and Josey is already 46" tall. So, that's not going to work. I am currently working on some "afghan extensions" to increase the length to at least 52", more if I have enough yarn. I will post more pics when I am done. 

2 comments:

Theresa Pearson said...

This is such a bright and cheerful pattern and the colors you used make it even more so! I bet he will think the wait was worth it :)

River Glorious said...

Very nice work there. :)